Sunday, December 1, 2013

Second Trimester

Week 14 I lost my appetite for a few days - just didn't eat as much at meals. I got sick after eating 2 slices of tomato while my lunch was heating up one day. The acid from the tomato being the first thing in my stomach could have been the culprit


14 Weeks


Week 15 I ate great breakfasts and lunches. I didn't have as much of an appetite in the evenings. We moved the PCI MN school during this week and had a surge of energy everyday. I had a little pain in lower left abdomen from a growing baby! Baby was the size of an apple this week. 

Week 16 my low rise jeans started to feel tight when sitting. My abdomen also felt different when leaning over - a bit uncomfortable. Baby was the size of an avocado this week. 


16 Weeks


Week 17 was the week of 4th of July. Neal and I took it easy this week and spent the 4th of July in Ames with the Bensema's and went to the parade with them as well. It was hot!!

Week 18 Neal and I took a trip out to Colorado for a conference and I traveled there and back well but got a bad case of altitude sickness when we arrived and the first 2 days we were there. I was up the first night nauseous and didn't hardly sleep. The next day we went out to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park and I felt very car sick due to all of the winding roads and not having much sleep the night before. I felt better once we got to Denver and could sleep well in the hotel room. My belly seemed smaller this week probably because of not feeling well.


18 Weeks


Week 19 I started sleeping with a body pillow in bed for extra support and to help not sleeping on my back. I started reading the baby Bible stories most nights which he/she loved. The baby really kicked and squirmed when Neal and I read he/she stories. This week I really started feeling the little one move on the inside of my belly versus just on the outside. It was such a special and indescribable feeling. I think the little one was playing jokes on their daddy though because every time he put his hand on my belly to feel some kicking, they would stop kicking - daddy must have that magical touch to calm him/her down.

Week 20 we were halfway there!! We got to see you on ultrasound and was the last time we were going to see you until you introduced yourself to us in person! Mama was a bit sad about that. :( The ultrasound tech said that everything looked great. She checked all areas and said there was no cause for concern anywhere. Praise God!! The baby was the length of a stick and half of butter and weighed 11oz. We didn't find out the gender. I got sick one night this week after eating yogurt and drinking a small glass of juice before bed but otherwise I felt great the entire week.


20 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment